Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am Now Offically One of the Nutso Over Reactive Dog Moms

We got into the vet yesterday and Thor was searched top to bottom, and nose to tail... OK nub. After a "Yes there is a slight bump behind his left shoulder", then came an "actually behind both shoulders". He also tipped the scales 5 lbs heavier. Guess where some of that weight is? You got it. My boy has a couple of fat rolls! Well Back to the bad food. I had tried to get him off Hills Prescription r/d and was trying Blue Buffalo. He was getting gassy but Prozyme fixed that. He Is also ALWAYS hungry on the BB. So now we are doing the switch back. (sigh.) I think this was my last hurrah on trying a new food for him, as it is the 4th one and everything else is higher in fat. So I am going to give up that stress for both our sakes.

I had also switched Arabella hoping to only buy one kind of food for both dogs. She is going to go back to the Wellness now as well. I have noticed her scratching more. Plus she too got gassy and is using Prozyme. I think she needs to go back to a grain free diet. Or maybe I will try the Blue Buffalo new grain free line. It is too high in fat for Thor but I think Arabella could do well on it.

I may have mentioned Thor was just not wanting to play. When we were leaving the vets yesterday there was a beautiful 12 week fawn boxer boy going in. His name was Max and Thor was smitten! He had to go over and play a bit. I think Thor's size intimidated Max's dad, but it didn't phase Max in the least! They were very cute playing together! It was good to see Thor bounce around and doing the play bow. Made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment